Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where the name came from...

I guess the name came from being a housewife, but not a mad one... as in angry... but as... well insane... Some think us housewives have it made... perhaps we do... I am not sure anymore...

I once worked... actually I have worked since the age of 14... that is up until the age of 30... when I decided to become a stay at home mom...

I remember the sweet days of getting up and going to work, dressed in nice clothes... driving a fine car... nails manicured... hair in perfect order... and make up just so...

I remember how I chatted with clients, learned their children's name, what sports they played, what recent illnesses they had incurred and so on and so forth... something different everyday...

When the workday was complete I would head home to my husband, a nice dinner and a glass of wine... sit back relax and watch Ally McBeal... Friends... or whatever happen to be on that evening...

Then children... I got the bright idea that if I cut corners here and there I, me, could become a stay at home mom...

Oh for the first years it was great... play dates, circle of moms, mom dates... a great life... then the children began to go off to school... play dates were a thing of the past, the circle of moms were broken...

Now I get up, get the girls off to school, drink my morning coffee and then what??? Grocery shopping??? Coupon Clipping??? Laundry??? Flower beds that have long since been weed beds??? Dust maybe??? Tackle the stack of bill??? I have done all these thing numerous times... day after day, week after week... you get the picture... things I use to find enjoyment in no longer hold my interest... What I wouldn't give for some real adult conversation, get out of these sweat pants, fix my hair, put on a little make up... uggg Right!!  For who??? Those laundry faires that do the laundry???

My children really believe in the laundry fairy... surely they do... else they wouldn't throw clean clothes in the floor for mom to have to pick up, re-wash, re-dry, and re-hang... I am most positive they believe in the laundry fairy... surely they wouldn't do that to their mother!!!

Yes, people I have lived both worlds... I am treading new ground here... I am getting close to 40 now... and with recent events in my life have decided to start living... but what does that mean... living??? Is it simply breathing??? Waking up in the morning??? Making dinner??? Paying bills??? What is it to live???

I am not sure... but I invite you to join me in my journey of finding out... yes there will be posts here of my "mad" rantings... bits of southern wisdom... lots of common sense... I am a lot like the "fruitcake lady" (God rest her soul)... if you dont want an honest, down home, southern, common sense answer don't ask....

I am sure this is the first of many posts... as I have lots of stories to share... (not for the squimish I might add)... so enter the madness if you dare...

2 comments:

  1. Good morning mad housewife. I will check back often to read your rantings. I hope you have an enjoyable day and if not rant away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Love it! I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take this blog! I used to love blogging, got away from it, maybe I'll get back to doing the things I love more soon.

    ReplyDelete