Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Big "O" from an 11 year olds perspective...

I have 3 daughters... all of them very special to me in their own ways... you mother's out there who have more than one child knows what I mean... I love them all the same but each one special for their own unique ways...

My now 21 year old, married, daughter came home from school one day... She skipped up the driveway in her usual way... me watching her out the window as I stood making dinner... shining eyes full of pride at the young lady she was becoming... yeah... we have those moments of daydreaming before life slaps us right in the face...

She came through the door and had a look on her face I knew well... I was about to be asked a question I was positive I did not want to answer!  She, and she only, knew how to back me in a corner with her questions... one of the reasons that makes her special...

I, in my usual cheerful mom voice, said, "How was your day today"?

"Good" she replied... "But.... "

Uh oh... here it comes.... oh my LAWD what is going to come out of this child's mouth???

"I was wondering..."

"Yes" I encouraged gently

"What is an orgasm"?

What??? My mind is reeling... I felt like Scarlett O'hara--> "I think I have the vapors" ... oh my gosh... she is only 11... Geeez o' pete... what the crap!!!

Thinking quickly, as us mothers often have to do, I laid my knife down and I looked her right in the eye and told her the God's honest truth... in my best June Cleaver voice, of course....

"Well honey, that is something a man can't give you until he is at least 36 years old... why do you ask?"

She then proceeded to tell me of the 17 year old who sat behind her and said her boyfriend gave her 7 of them last night...

Seriously... okay, so she already knew about the birds and the bees in what I thought was great detail for 10 years old when I talked to her about it... Well that shot all to tarnation and back... I turned off the stove and we had the talk again... this time in even more detail.  To which I got the reply, "ewwwwww... thats just gross!"  So much for taking the mystery out of it... I thought for a while she may never look at boys the same... WRONG!!!

It is my thinking that if I take all the mystery out of it they wont feel the need to experiment so quickly... But after all it is human nature... I preached keeping your pants up and a quarter between your knees. <-- my sex education from my parents... however they didnt realize that I was so bow legged I couldn't have hemmed a horse up in the corner of the barn... so the quarter thing... yeah that didnt work out so well...

Long story short I then began to preached protection protection protection... If you just have to do it and feel like you can not control yourself at least use protection...I mean seriously... there is crap out there ajax wont take off your butt these days...

When the day was done and all of my children were tucked away in bed, teeth brushed, and p.j's donned... I sat on the front porch in my rocking chair with my hot cup of coffee and pondered the days question... In the end I laughed hysterically... If  that young girl of 17 was telling the truth (which I highly doubt) she better had tied a rope to that cowboy and held onto him with all her might... just sayin'...


1 comment:

  1. OH my... LOL! We need to have coffee SOON! Thanks for the great story. Glad you got it to work.

    ReplyDelete